- The ukulele is a member of the lute family of instruments.
- It was developed from a small guitar brought to Hawaii by the Portuguese in the late 1800's. It is mainly used to accompany folk and popular singing.
- Common ukulele sizes/types: soprano, concert, tenor & baritone
- Less known ukulele sizes: bass & soprano(piccolo/pocket)
- The soprano is the smallest and highest sounding ukulele
- The concert size is lightly and louder with a deeper tone.
- The tenor has more volume and a deeper bass tone.
If you would like to learn more about the strings and tuning pegs, click here.
© The Ukulele People 2016